Monday, May 18, 2009

Pictures



Here are some pictures of my camp from the survival trek. The shelter I made is commonly called a Debris Hut. It kept me warm even when the temperature dipped below freezing at night. It rained almost the entire 3rd day but the inside of the hut was still warm and dry. I also made a small lean-to type thing near the fire pit so that I could sit by the fire and keep it going during the rain without getting soaked. The inside of the hut I stuffed with dry mosses. They were very comfortable to sleep on and kept me up off the cold ground. I wasn't able to flip the picture but if you tilt your head to the left you'll get the same effect. The last picture is of my sit spot. Looks very different from the winter!

1 comment:

  1. great pics! Love the moss, it looks so cozy and comfortable... and no dusty leaves either! It is good to be able to stay dry even with all of that wind and rain, too. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete